PEP's consulting team works alongside our clients to address critical challenges businesses face to ensure that the company is making confident decisions, mitigating risk, and connecting to strategic capital.
PEP’s ESG Consulting team provides actionable insight to companies navigating the ESG disclosure landscape. The team works with three primary types of clients including public energy companies, private energy companies, and asset managers.
Guidance and execution follow a four-step process including creating a reporting infrastructure, data collection, and analysis, then reporting optimization.
- Asset Manager: Working with financial institutions to build out infrastructure for conducting ESG due diligence on potential investments, aggregate ESG data across the portfolio, conduct benchmarking to identify vulnerabilities within the portfolio, and create portfolio-level reporting to current and prospective investors and LPs.
- Private Company: Identify the topics most material to stakeholders including customers, insurers, private equity sponsors, and potential acquirers. Take a phased approach to reporting, with sophistication that increases over time.
- Public Company: Establish a set of material metrics and topics and prioritize disclosures over the short, medium, and long-term. Formulate a strategy for compliance with SEC’s proposed climate disclosures and mitigate the risk of greenwashing claims. Provide guidance on investor outreach and disclosure optimization.
Contact the PEP ESG Consulting Team:
PEP’s Strategic Consulting team works with clients across the energy value chain to answer the most pressing questions facing their businesses. The PEP Strategic Consulting team focuses its work across three main areas: transaction support, corporate strategy, and commercialization strategy.
- Transaction support: Working with leading financial services and corporate clients to provide commercial due diligence on energy and infrastructure transactions across the entire value chain.
- Corporate strategy: Working with clients across the energy industry to position their businesses for growth in light of the changing energy landscape.
- Commercialization strategy: Supporting entrepreneurs to commercialize innovative businesses and technologies across traditional and new sources of energy.
Contact the PEP Strategic Consulting Team:
Pickering Energy Partners Expands Energy Transition Expertise with New Director of Technical Resources
Firm Helps Clients Determine Viability of Hydrogen and Other Carbon Mitigation Investments with Scientific ExpertiseRead More
Pickering Energy Partners Announces Energy Transition Advisory Board
Energy Transition Leaders to Provide Strategic Guidance, Insight and AmbassadorshipRead More
The Path to TCFD Implementation for Energy Companies
In March 2022, the SEC proposed rules to enhance and standardize climate-related disclosures to investors. The proposal modeled recommendations off TCFD, lending regulatory firepower to the framework. Over 2,600 organizations globally support the TCFD’s recommendations, including over 1,000 financial institutions with aggregate assets under management of $194 trillion. To understand how companies are implementing TCFD’s recommendations, Pickering Energy Partners’ ESG Consulting team (we) gathered the publicly available ESG disclosures of the 64 S&P 1500 Energy Companies. These disclosures included ESG websites, ESG reports, and TCFD reports. We leveraged natural language processing and machine learning algorithms to understand the metrics and topics disclosed and the frameworks referenced. We then layered in data relating to third-party ESG ratings and scores, accessed through Bloomberg.Read More
Top ESG Considerations for 2022
The ESG journey is difficult to navigate and is becoming increasingly complex. This complexity has now crept into the entire spectrum of the capital markets and influences access to new investors, but maintenance of existing as well. Market participants - including investors, lenders, and insurers - are expected to spend a considerable portion of the year figuring out how to integrate ESG considerations into their strategies.Read More
Connecting the Dots: Breaking the ESG Code
The pursuit of long-term capital can often feel like a continual attempt at deciphering a never-ending array of complex codes.Read More